200g dark chocolate, chopped
150g butter, cut into cubes – plus extra for the ramekins
125g Thunderbolt Flour
- Heat the oven to 180oC/fan 160oC/ Gas 4. Butter 6 medium ramekins.
- Melt the chocolate with the butter in a bowl over simmering water or in a microwave.
- Beat the eggs with the sugar until they are very light and fluffy and then fold in the Thunderbolt Flour. Fold in the chocolate mixture.
- Divide between the ramekins (put in the fridge at this point if you’re making ahead).
- Bake for 8-12 minutes, the soufflés should rise and form a firm crust but you want then still to be slightly runny in the middle.
- Serve with cream.
These melting chocolate puddings are much sturdier than ordinary soufflés and will behave even if made ahead (but not cooked). Just store in the fridge until you need them and remember to add a couple of minutes to the cooking time to compensate for the cold. The middle should still be saucy when they are ready.