½ cup margarine or butter
½ cup white sugar
½ cup light brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 cup raisins
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup milk, 2%
2 cups Harvest High Fibre Flour
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Have ingredients at room temperature.
- Line the muffin tin using paper baking cups or use cooking spray to coat the bottom of the muffin tin.
- With electric mixer; cream margarine, granulated sugar, brown sugar and baking soda together, scraping bowl with spatula.
- In a small bowl, using a fork, beat together the egg and vanilla; add to creamed mixture. Beat until light and fluffy. Add the milk to the creamed mixture. Gradually add the Harvest High Fibre Flour and lightly stir the ingredients together so dry ingredients are barely moistened. Over mixing will make the muffins tough with tunnels. Add raisins.
- Fill muffin tins 2/3 full and bake 15 to 17 minutes or until browned and done. Remove from muffin tin and cool on wire rack.
Do not lick the spoon or eat the batter, because the recipe contains raw egg and can make us ill — especially young children. Wait until the batter is baked and then enjoy!