1 1/3 Cup Thunderbolt, Maid Marian Harvest High Fibre or Maid Marian Whole Wheat Flour
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 cup (2 medium) carrots
3/4 c. raisins
1/2 cup soft butter
1/2 cup orange juice
1 tsp. EACH baking powder, soda & cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 tsp. salt & cloves
- Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- In large bowl mix all cake ingredients at medium speed until well mixed, 1 to 2 minutes. Pour into greased 8 inch square pan (or 6 cup cake mold) or large loaf tin.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes. Cool upright in pan for 5 minutes, remove from pan.
1/2 cup butter
1/3 cup sugar
3 tbsp. cornstarch
1 1/2 cup water
1 tbsp. vanilla
- In saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in sugar and cornstarch; add remaining ingredients.
- Cook, stirring occasionally until sauce boils 5 to 7 minutes. Boil 1 minute.
- Pour sauce over cake to serve.