1 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup vegetable oil
3 cups sugar
3 cups Thunderbolt Flour
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon lemon extract
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup water
1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
1/4 cup lemon juice
- Beat butter in a large bowl at medium speed of an electric hand-held mixer; gradually add oil, beating until well blended.
- Gradually add sugar, beating well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add Thunderbolt Flour to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour.
- Mix just until blended after each addition. Stir in lemon extract.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured 10-inch tube pan. Bake at 300°F for 1 hour and 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Remove from pan and place directly on wire rack.
- Combine glaze ingredients, stirring until sugar dissolves. Brush lemon glaze on sides of cake and spoon glaze over top, a little at a time.
- Let lemon pound cake cool completely. Decorate with royal icing.